NOW HIRING FOR PART TIME TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATES AND A RETAIL MANAGER!
The Winery at Hunters Valley is searching for individuals who enjoy and excel at customer service and sales and have a love for wine! Currently, we are hiring for both weekday and weekend positions for our tasting room as well as a full time retail manager. Hours are 7 days a week:
Mon-Thurs: 11 am to 6 pm;
Fri & Sat: 11 am to 7 pm
Sun: 12 to 5 pm
**Hours may vary during weddings and events**
Setting the example in selling wine, food and other retail items to our customers with special emphasis on the wine making processes including the kind of grapes and processes by which they are made.
· Customer Service – You must possess a customer focus in which you truly listen to the customer’s needs and offer them with choices to meet their needs or desires.
· Knowledge – You must understand and know the wines and food that you are trying to sell. It is important to memorize the wine lists and know more information about components of the wine such as the name of the grape used to make it.
· Reporting – Inventory and special project reports.
· Management – Serve as a leader for the store and make business decisions that could affect inventory and labor costs.
· Organization – You must ensure that all areas of the retail store are organized and free from clutter. You must adhere to all safety requirements put forth by management.
· Cleaning – All areas of the retail store are to remain clean and sanitary including kitchens, serving areas, wine tasting room, and restrooms.
· Special Touches – You must be a professional at making gift items, bows, and custom labels.
· Make sure that all daily functions happen with excellence
· Displaying excellent customer service to each and every customer that comes through our door or calls
· Open and closing tasks
· Running reports for the Vice President
· Help with special projects for the Vice President
· Inventory controls and ordering
· Making the weekly schedule
· Making sure that the retail location is always staffed during business hours
· Stocking shelves with merchandise and wine; stocking wine cooler with wine, pop and water
· Serving food and wine in a friendly manner to our customers
· Having a good working understanding of our wines and products
· Cashing out procedures
· Packing up UPS orders
· Cleaning the tasting room, bar area, patio and restrooms
· Serving tables
· Keeping tabs and quotes
· Answering phones and relaying messages to the proper person
· Friendly Customer Service in person and on the phone
· Making gift baskets, bows, special labels and other custom orders
· Helping with special events or festivals
· Any other duty that the Vice President asks you to perform
· High School Diploma or GED
· 2 or more years experience in the retail/wine industry
· Managerial experience is desired but not required